[AR Standards Discussion] Wrap up of Program Committee member meeting January 31

Philipp Slusallek slusallek at cs.uni-saarland.de
Thu Feb 3 08:22:05 EST 2011

Hi Jacques,

This sounds extremely interesting indeed. A student tried to get some
sound rendering into 3D a while ago, which was OK but we are not really
the experts on this. It would be great to join forces here. I have
started to look into A2ML but need a bit more time to really understand
the approach. Associating audio with 3D objects and having an audio
renderer to compute the reverberations in a virtual environment would be
just great. We do a lot of realtime ray tracing (which is why our
current demonstrators use that for rendering as well) applying this also
to global lighting simulations and it would be interesting to apply this
also to sound simulations.

	Philipp